Thursday, August 13, 2009

Surreal Evening Last Night...

What a strange evening. I had dinner with some business associates and the conversation spontaneously turned to corporal punishment. I had to sit quietly through 20 minutes of them telling stories of how their parents punished them. "Well, one time when I was 7, my mom..." and "That ain't nuthin! One time with I was 10, my dad,". It was all I could do not to say "Oh, Yeah??? Well JUST LAST NIGHT... "... But I restrained myself.

But wait, it gets better. After dinner, I was standing at the bar when the manager opened a drawer and pulled out a CROP!!! I am NOT making this up! He pulled it out and started pointing and shaking it at the very attractive bartender! I said, "Well, I guess this restaurant is serious about employee discipline". The bartender just smiled and said "It's for unruly customers.

I felt like I was in a dream...

No comments: